Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The conclusion of EN 001

To be more exact, EN001 is officially my first formal English Course ever!! I don't have much academic background in America( I'm a citizen and I love this country as much as I love Korea) My father was an English teacher at female high school in Korea. He taught me a lot about English grammar, but it was a long time ago, and that was only what I got left out of writing skills which I don't remember much at all now. So I think I'm probably the one who has benefited the most out of EN001 since I hadn't practiced much English in a long time until I entered EN001. During the entire semester, what I have learned the most is how to write an essay. I still struggle with thesis, conclusion paragraph, in-class timed essay and all that. The most enjoyable aspects of the course I have found are once again an essay and evergreen chapters. The least enjoyable aspects of the course is the movie and the book Omnivore's Dillemma, it was interesting to know about food knowledge they have in there though. I'm not in situation where I can give advise to mewcomers, but if I have to, I will tell them to make a group of 3 or 4 students to help out one another to write an essay and study evergreen chapters togather. Each individual has different writing weaknesses and strengths so they can look out for one onother. What I wish someone had advised me when I started taking this course is the same thing I stated above.

1 comment:

  1. kyung you wrote another essay it was good thou i like hearing your opinions

    ReplyDelete